Wednesday 23 September 2009

Conference Memories, IMPS '86, Izmir

The first of the biennial Turkish International Mineral Processing Symposia was held in Izmir in September 1986, and I had the honour of presenting the first paper on research needs in mineral processing.

My session chairman was Prof. Guven Onal (2nd right in photo) of Istanbul Technical University. Guven is the consultant to MEI's Processing of Industrial Minerals '10 conference, to be held in Istanbul in February.

The IMPS events have proved to be successful enjoyable affairs, and I also attended the Antalya conference in October 1992, Jon representing MEI in Antalya last year.

Next year's event will be held in Cappadocia, and MEI is a media sponsor, so I look forward to renewing acquaintances at this beautiful location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf