Wednesday 28 July 2010

A welcome visitor to Falmouth- Bob White


We had a surprise visitor yesterday- Dr. Bob White and family.  Bob, now retired, was a lecturer in mineral processing during the 1980s at the University of Leeds and the University of Guyana.  If any of you blog-readers were taught by Bob, please let me know and I will pass a message on to him.

Bob and I go back a long way. We graduated in metallurgy from the University of Leeds in 1966 and then stayed on to do PhDs. The photo below was taken at the Leeds University Houldsworth Ball in 1968. Bob is on the right on the back row, Barbara is on the far right, and the fool at the top is me.  Apart from Bob (and Barbara), I have totally lost contact with the others in the photo, so it would be good to hear from you if you see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf