Thursday 12 June 2014

Women in Mining meet again

Amanda reports:

The Cornwall branch of Women in Mining (WIM) met again on Tuesday lunchtime, at the St Michaels Hotel in Falmouth. However, this event attracted a more international crowd than the last meeting , with 28 attendees from 13 countries, including USA, Japan, South Africa, Australia, China, and a host of European countries. This was due to the meeting coinciding with MEI's Biohydrometallurgy '14 conference.


The highlight of the event was Dr. Corale Brierley talking to the group about her life and career, from growing up on a cattle ranch in Montana to the present day running Brierley Consultancy LLC with her husband Jim. I think I speak for the group when I say that Corale's tales of fluctuating successes and failures were a true inspiration, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank her once again for agreeing to talk to the group and share her experiences.

Once again, I would like to thank the St Michaels Hotel for being generous enough to provide us with a room to meet in. If you are interested in attending the next meet up, let me know (Amanda@min-eng.com) and I will add you to the mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf